Luiz Henrique de Carvalho

Bichara advises Âmbar on the acquisition of COPEL’s stake in UEGA

Bichara Advogados advised Âmbar Energia (Âmbar) on the acquisition of all the equity stakes held by Copel Geração e Transmissão (COPEL GET) and Companhia Paranaense de Energia – Copel (Copel Holding), corresponding to 60.9% and 20.3%, respectively, of UEGA‘s share capital.

The agreement makes Âmbar the controlling shareholder of UEGA, with 81.2% of the company’s share capital. Petróleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) holds the remaining stake, corresponding to 18.8%, and the deal provides for Petrobras’ right to adhere to the terms of the sale and purchase agreement until February 26, 2024.

Bichara Advogados relied on advisory partners Luiz Henrique Vieira (pictured) and Breno Ganem, partner Ricardo Sassi and lawyers João Paulo Fontoura and Pedro Augusto De Souza Pires.

Lúcio Batista Martins, João Gabriel Vieira de Medeiros, Luciana Lucena Carneiro and Carolina Constante Simões de Campos acted in the transaction as Âmbar’s in-house lawyers.

The closing of the transaction is subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions precedent, including the approval of CADE.

Amanda

SHARE