Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría Colombia has represented Alpha Capital in the implementation of the US$86.7M plan of reorganisation of Alpha Latam Management and its Colombian subsidiaries.
The transaction took place on 9 September under the US Code Chapter 11 insolvency process, and the constitution of reserves and distributions.
The advice included compliance with the conditions precedent, obtaining governmental authorisations in the context of the administrative control by the Superintendencia de Sociedades over Alpha Capital in liquidation and coordination of tasks in the jurisdictions of Colombia, Mexico and the United States.
White and Case, Francisco Reyes Del Castillo Castro, and Muñoz Manzo & Ocampo also acted as counsel to Alpha Capital. Brown Rudnick, Cuatrecasas, Creel and Sainz Abogados acted as counsel to the creditors. Their teams included the following members:
- White and Case: Partners John K. Cunningham, Philip Abelson and Richard Kebrdle. Associates John Ramirez, Brett Bakemeyer and Ashley Bowron.
- Del Castillo Castro: Partners Alfonso Castro and Fernando del Castillo. Associate Alejandra Rea.
- Muñoz Manzo & Ocampo: Partner Marla Elena Paredes.
- Brown Rudnick: Partners Jeffrey L. Jonas, Steven B. Levine and Andrew P. Strehle.
- Creel: Partner Emilio Aarun. Associate Maria Luisa Gutierrez.
- Sainz Abogados: Alejandro Sainz.
- Cuatrecasas: Partner Manuel Quince. Associates Natalia Arango, Laura Salazar, Cristina Stiefken, Carolina Trejos, Diego Torres.
- PPU: Partners Hernando Padilla (pictured), Héctor Ramírez, Felipe Cuberos and Carolina Porras. Associates David Beltrán, Natalia Velasco, Diana Caballero, Alejandra Castillo, María José Rondón, Santiago Cruz, Ricardo Valencia, Jorge Portocarrero.